Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Questions about Diabetes

Member Forum >> Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Protocol >> Questions about Diabetes

ramand

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 440
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/16/2019 2:42:36 PM
Edited: 5/16/2019 4:26:20 PM (2)

I have an elderly relative who is diabetic, although she describes herself as being "just a little" diabetic. That seems strange to me as I think that’s kind of like being a little bit pregnant…

Her FBG is 132 and A1c is 7.5 and she is telling me the ranges are 126 for FBC and 6.5 for A1c which I looked up, and these are top borders of the pre-diabetic range, not the normal range. So she believes that the diabetes is not too bad.

The worrying thing is that her feet bother her and her balance is getting worse all the time. From what I have read this could be the diabetes, and that this type of damage is not reversible. Her mobility is quite impaired although she walks (very slowly) without a cane or walker which she refuses to use.

She also complains of being tired, and the doctors say, "of course you’re tired, your 90! She frequently has to nap after meals, especially when dining out (bread, anyone?)

She says she has been offered medication but has declined. She has not changed her diet at all (she eats mostly SAD although may eat more vegetables than some people). But she eats lots of carbs and low-fat foods like Skim milk, low-fat cheese, etc. We are working with her to get her to change her diet but it is slow going and she doesn’t want to rush into things. But we think she needs to go all in to get things under control. Honestly I am not sure how much she will be able to change and how much time there is to take this as the primary approach.

We need to be realistic about how best to help her. Would it be best for her take a drug? Would any of the possible drugs slow down the issues with her feet? Can we use the drug(s) while we try to help her make dietary and lifestyle changes?
Tags: Diabetes

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 12268
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/16/2019 3:44:12 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

ramand

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 440
Recommends Recd: 0

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 5/16/2019 4:11:21 PM
Edited: 5/16/2019 4:15:41 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1911
Recommends Recd: 8

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 5/17/2019 6:45:47 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: