Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Discussion Thread: Minimize Sagging Skin after Weight Loss

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Skin Health >> Discussion Thread: Minimize Sagging Skin after Weight Loss

Transcripts

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 130
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/7/2019 10:29:56 AM

This is a forum copy of the transcript for the Dr. Davis video at:
Video library: Minimize Sagging Skin after Weight Loss
Undoctored Blog: L. reuteri, collagen, and strength training to minimize loose, sagging skin after weight loss
Wheat Belly Blog: L. reuteri, collagen, and strength training to minimize loose, sagging skin after weight loss

Comments about this specific video are welcome on this thread. For why this is here, and comments about transcripts generally, see this revised Reply in an earlier transcript thread.

L. reuteri, collagen, and strength training to minimize loose, sagging skin after weight loss

Transcript:

All right, Doctor William Davis here, author of the Wheat Belly and Undoctored books. So you’re doing my programs: Wheat Belly Total Health or the Undoctored Wild-Naked-Unwashed program, and you’re losing weight. You’re losing 18, 25, 35, 50, 80 pounds, but you’re worried that you’re going to have saggy skin.

Well, I can’t tell you that this approach is guaranteed to work. But I think it really stacks the odds in your favor, of not dealing with loose folds of skin, that sometimes have to be removed surgically — they can get infected, and actually die — not mention they’re unsightly. So what can you to do to stack the odds in favor of not having those loose sagging skin problems?

Screen text: WHEAT BELLY TOTAL HEALTH, UNDOCTORED
First of all, do all the components of my programs. Don’t leave anything out. Each and every component plays a role in restoring health, including skin health (as we’re talking about here). So fish oil counts. Vitamin D counts, right? Wheat and grain elimination counts. Capping your net carbs counts. Each and every component counts. But there’s more you can do.

Screen text: COLLAGEN HYDROLYSATES
Think about supplementing collagen hydrolysates. A tablespoon or two per day helps increase dermal collagen. It smooths wrinkles. It increases joint lubrication. It helps you regrow cartilage and joints, like knees and hips — though gradually and slowly over a long period of time. It helps restore skin suppleness.

Screen text: L REUTERI YOGURT
Even more powerful than collagen hydrolysates is our Lactobacillus reuteri yogurt.
Screen text: WHEAT BELLY BLOG
UNDOCTORED BLOG

The yogurt, half a cup of day, made by the recipe that I provide — in our making L.reuteri recipe on my Wheat Belly blog and Undoctored blog — consuming ½ cup of day, boosts the hypothalamic (the brain’s) release of the hormone oxytocin. Oxytocin is fabulously effective for increasing dermal collagen, strengthening skin and accelerating healing.

Combine the oxytocin boosting effect of our yogurt with collagen hydrolysates, and you have this magnificent synergistic effect to increase skin health and suppleness, and reduce the potential to have those loose sagging folds of skin.

Screen text: STRENGTH TRAINING
Lastly, the oxytocin boost you get from the yogurt also dramatically increases muscle mass and strength. Most people who have been overweight, especially if you yo-yo dieted over the years, have lost substantial muscle mass. Combine strength training with the L.reuteri yogurt and oxytocin, and you have a dramatic increase in muscle. That also helps you not have saggy skin folds.

So collagen hydrolysates, the oxytocin boosting effect of our L.reuteri yogurt, and strength training: do those three things, in addition to our basic components of the programs, and you have stacked the odds in favor of not having to deal with those loose folds of skin.

ue000_private_use_area_enso.png

Tags: