Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Insulin Resistance or Insulin Production

Member Forum >> Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Protocol >> Insulin Resistance or Insulin Production

faragorn

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 13
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/2/2019 11:59:22 AM

I’m curious what the community thinks of this:

Background: I was diganosed T2D seven weeks ago, and through diet, exercise and fasting have brought my blood sugar numbers way down.  I still take the Metformin but havent taken the Glipizide (Sulfonlyurea) in weeks except for one time recently when I felt I needed it.  Fasting blood sugars range from 110 down to low 80s (was 160 seven weeks ago) towards the end of my fasting periods.  I’m following the fasting protocols Dr. Jason Fung recommends, with a three times a week 36 (actually 40) hour fast to deal with the underlying insulin resistance.

So I did a test a few days ago.  Starting with a fasting blood sugar of 83, I had a salad at El Pollo Loco, with a sheet carb count of 14, although I suspect that doesnt include the dressing, which was the cilantro lime.  Add a side of guacamole, and I suspect the total carb count was 20-25, still pretty moderate.

My +1 hour bs reading was 110 and +2 hour was 99.  Still an abnormal response, although it may not be that bad for only seven weeks of work.  

My question for the community is whether or not this is more due to lingering IR or lack of insulin production.  I dont have a fasting insulin test result, but plan to ask for one for my next round of tests.  But that also brings up the question of why a low score might be that way.  Is it due to improvement in the underlying IR, or due to lack of production by the pancreas?  Beta cell dysfunction is extremely common in T2D so I’m pretty sure my insulin production is low, which could account for a low test result, but but fasting is also supposed to naturally lower insulin levels, which could also account for it.
Tags: Blood Glucose

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 12269
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 4/2/2019 12:59:47 PM
Edited: 4/2/2019 1:03:37 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

faragorn

No Avatar

Posted: 4/2/2019 2:09:25 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 12269
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 4/2/2019 2:42:54 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9407
Recommends Recd: 15

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 4/2/2019 8:00:19 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

faragorn

No Avatar

Posted: 4/20/2019 7:45:26 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9407
Recommends Recd: 15

Posted: 4/21/2019 9:18:54 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: