Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Glucose levels return to near normal

Member Forum >> Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Protocol >> Glucose levels return to near normal

BirdmanSam

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 544
Recommends Recd: 1
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 10   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/31/2019 7:40:08 PM

I first went on a low carb, thus high fat diet 6.5 years ago.  At the time my fasting sugar was a bit high and peaked after eating over 120 most of the time.  I was diagnosed as prediabetic and prescribed a glucose test kit and three measurements a day.  I have found my self to be very carb sensitive, that is until about last November.  After six years of this diet, which I continue, my fasting sugar now is almost always below 100, often in the 80’s after a day long fast and the peak 45 to 60 min after eating almost never rises more than 10 to 15 points.  My HA1c in early November was 5.3, the lowest I have measured.  Often glucose levels are lower after dinner than before. (I usually exercise in the late afternoon, which I have found tends to temporarily raise glucose level. So the after dinner reading probably has a competing factor, lowering response to the raise after exercise and raising and then lowering after eating.)  At any rate a plot of my readings before and after mid October last year show a clear trend of my glucose levels being on average around 10 to 20 points lower, almost all within the range of 80 to 110.  I suggested to my endocrinologist that after reduced carbs for six years that I may have "fixed" my pancrase, which is now producing a normal  insulin response.  His was response was "interesting".  We measure again in late April.  I expect my HA1c to be even lower then.  Is it possible to cure pre diabetes with a consistent long-term low carb diet?  Maybe even full-bore type 2?  Of course, I presume that continuing the diet would be necessary or one would revert.
Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5796
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 1/31/2019 8:28:53 PM

Congratulations, Birdman Sam!  Thanks for sharing.  Gives me hope for my HbA1c.
L

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1958
Recommends Recd: 8
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Posted: 2/1/2019 6:19:44 AM

You’ve done a wonderful thing, Birdman. I’d imagine that if you returned to your diet of 7-8 years ago, you’d soon undo what you’ve accomplished. But knowing how to partner with what your body needs is priceless. Well done!
Tags:

BirdmanSam

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 544
Recommends Recd: 1
Certs & Awards: 10   view

Posted: 2/1/2019 10:08:12 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: