Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Muscle and joint pains from vitamin D deficiency

Member Forum >> Vitamin D >> Muscle and joint pains from vitamin D deficiency

searcher7

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2247
Recommends Recd: 5
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 2/14/2018 11:47:18 PM

My 25 year old son had muscle pains all over his body for over a year. He had chest pains so a primary care physician referred him to a cardiologist. Extensive tests showed there was nothing wrong with his cardiovascular system.

My son then saw another primary care physician who has a special interest in musculoskeletal diseases.A full blood test revealed a vitamin D deficiency.The doctor recommended that my son take 5,000 IU Vitamin D3 daily with fatty food.

He also said my son should eat cheese,yogurt,broccoli, brussels sprouts,almonds,leeks,avocados,collards,onions,coconuts,celery, swiss chard,brazil nuts,okra,spinach,green beans,bok choy,asparagus,mulberries,fennel,pumpkin seeds,butternut squash and artichokes to boost his calcium levels.

Muscle and bone aching can be symptoms of vitamin D deficiency.The symptoms of osteomalacia are dull,aching pain affecting the lower back,pelvis,hips,legs and ribs.
Every tissue in our bodies has vitamin D receptors,including all bones,muscles,immune cells and brain cells.There is no evidence from randomized,controlled trials that replenishing vitamin D levels will cure chronic pain but it has helped a lot of people.

Tags: Vitamin D

ptheut

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 6648
Recommends Recd: 16
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 2/15/2018 8:08:26 AM

should have also checked his K-1 status
ostocalcin
uncarboxylated osteocalcin
prothrombin time
RBC Magnesium

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9905
Recommends Recd: 15
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Posted: 2/15/2018 3:33:59 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5840
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 2/15/2018 6:47:52 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

SouthernLady

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 83
Recommends Recd: 0
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Posted: 3/8/2018 5:02:55 PM

Going to add B12 to my list of things to check when I get mine checked because I have the joint pain and fatigue. My iron has been low in the past as well as the D3 but am on D3 now. 
Tags: