Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

GSV Ablation

Member Forum >> Coronary Disease & Cholesterol Protocol >> GSV Ablation

JennVsDiabesity

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 905
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 11/29/2017 11:24:30 AM
Edited: 11/29/2017 12:10:52 PM (3)

I couldn’t find an appropriate sub-forum to put this in, so I put it in Coronary Disease since it is circulatory system related.

I started developing a large bulging varicose vein about 8 years ago in my inner left thigh running all the way down my leg.

My left leg is (thigh and calf) is about 15-20% larger just looking at it compared to my right leg.  I sometimes get numbness in my thigh when I sleep (especially when I sleep on my back) -- a shift in the way I am laying or turning to my side fairly immediately alleviates the problem and feeling returns.

I am to the point where nothing can be touching my left leg (like a wrinkled blanket underneat or the dog laying up against the leg... even a wrinkle in my pajamas bother it).

I had an ultrasound done about 6 months ago (I was 390 pounds at the time) and it showed lots of "perfs" (is what I think they call it) -- bunch of small veins that grew laterally from the GSV to the deep vein so the blood could return .. because the GSV just isn’t working right.

Anyways they want to "ablate" the GSV.  They told me I their table limit is 340 pounds and I’m almost there.

Question is should I get it? What real risks are there?  I see nothing on the internet from my brief searching how my body would recover from this and how much swelling I"d have after the surgery and for how long. 

As is, I always keep my legs up on my desk (I sit in recliner with wireless keyboard and mouse).. have been doing this for the past 15 years or so.. due to chronic venous insuffiency and/or lymphedema.  I also have to get bed rest mid day for the past 15 years.. this keeps the swelling under control in both legs.. otherwise if I sat in regular office chair all day, they’d ballon, redden, and then ulcerate.. in short order I’d have gangrene and need amputation.. especially with the diabetic neuropathy and gout making the matter worse.

I am terried after I get GSV ablation that my leg is going to balloon up to incredible amounts despite all the constant elevaton I give.. I already give it constant elevation and it’s larger than my right leg still.

Is there any way I can somehow possible restore the function of the GSV valves to have it start returning my blood without getting this surgery?  Is it possible Rutin could help?  I read Boo was having success with this with respect varicose vein.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, as I’d like to avoid this surgery if possible.  Although I read that almost all the time the outcomes are favorable after ablation and swelling subsides. Again, I don’t know how it’d affect me given my particular situation the past 15 years with CVI / Lymphedema.  A bit terrified.  Also worried about any increase risk of DVT after the surgery.
Tags:

Abhishek

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 150
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 1/20/2018 11:04:15 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

LynnBo

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 6
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/24/2020 10:14:37 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: