Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

How I reduced my elevated liver enzymes

Member Forum >> Coronary Disease & Cholesterol Protocol >> How I reduced my elevated liver enzymes

searcher7

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2247
Recommends Recd: 5
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 2

Posted: 6/2/2017 12:11:45 AM
Edited: 6/2/2017 12:16:13 AM (1)

Elevated liver enzymes may indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. Inflamed or injured liver cells leak higher than normal amounts of certain chemicals, including liver enzymes, into the bloodstream, which can result in elevated liver enzymes on blood tests. The specific elevated liver enzymes most commonly found are:

• Alanine transaminase (ALT)
  • Aspartate transaminase (AST)

Elevated liver enzymes may be discovered during routine blood testing. In most cases, liver enzyme levels are only mildly and temporarily elevated. Most of the time, elevated liver enzymes don’t signal a chronic, serious liver problem.

Causes of elevated liver enzymes include hemochromatosis, hypothyroidism, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, Epstein-Barr virus, cytomgalovirus, liver cancer, cirrhosis and other causes. Elevated liver enzyme levels are reversible.

I reduced my ALT from 193 to 23 U/L  and my AST from 157 to 16 U/L in eight months or less by taking milk thistle extract (silymarin) capsules and curcumin capsules. My ferritin level was 1566 micrograms /L  or ng/ml when I started taking the two supplements but dropped to 563 one month later when I had a phlebotomy to remove a liter of blood from my body to lower my ferritin level. My iron level was normal. My ferritin level was 255 eight months after I started taking the milk thistle extract and curcumin.

Silymarin  reduces liver inflammation by inhibiting enzymes, such as 5-LOX, COX, and NFkB, that produce inflammatory cytokines and other toxic signaling molecules that contribute to liver damage. Silymarin can prevent and treat liver diseases and primary liver cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21466434
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21466434?
http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/silymarin-a-potent-antioxidant-liver-protector-and-anti-cancer-agent
Turmeric supports the liver’s ability to metabolize fat. Past research has found that turmeric is capable of repairing damaged liver  tissues, while various cultures utilized the spice to promote liver health for generations before then. Most recently, researchers in Israel have discovered that curcumin may be a potentially effective natural treatment for liver cirrhosis, an ailment where normal, healthy tissues in the liver are replaced with scar tissues.

The new study, published in Liver International sought to examine the effects of this powerful spice on damaged livers. The researchers found that curcumin had a beneficial impact on liver damage.
http://naturalsociety.com/curcumin-effective-battle-liver-cirrhosis/#ixzz4inF2mm1o

My GGT dropped from 72 to 18 U/L. GGT is a key marker for carb-induced fatty liver dysfunction (gamma glutamyl transferase). It is an excellent marker for carb-sugar-induced liver dysfunction. (see also http://www.healtheiron.com/ggt-science-library ). GGT is thus an excellent marker for overall mortality risk. 

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 4633
Recommends Recd: 10
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 6/2/2017 8:17:40 AM
Edited: 6/2/2017 8:31:48 AM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

HeartHawk

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 4421
Recommends Recd: 15

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 6/2/2017 8:33:20 AM

searcher:

Any idea on what originally provoked your high liver enzymes?  I’m always interested in what people stopped doing in addition to what they started doing (i.e. milk thistle, turmeric, curcumin).

HH
Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5835
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 6/2/2017 9:38:58 AM

Good news, searcher7!  Thanks for sharing.  I would also be interested in the recommended dose.
L

Tags:

Malcolm

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2051
Recommends Recd: 2
Certs & Awards: 17   view

Posted: 6/2/2017 7:41:49 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

SpiNNy

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 685
Recommends Recd: 0
Certs & Awards: 5   view

Posted: 6/2/2017 8:52:28 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

searcher7

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2247
Recommends Recd: 5

Posted: 6/3/2017 5:18:46 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

E-laine

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 52

Posted: 5/7/2021 11:13:35 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

E-laine

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 52

Posted: 5/7/2021 8:29:44 PM
Edited: 5/7/2021 8:31:13 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Malcolm

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2051
Recommends Recd: 2
Certs & Awards: 17   view

Posted: 5/7/2021 10:33:47 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: