Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Blue Light Therapy

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Skin Health >> Blue Light Therapy

lindybill

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5842
Recommends Recd: 7
Ignores Issued: 2
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:06:43 AM

I went in for what is known as the "Blue Light" treatment last month.

Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a medical treatment that utilizes a photosensitizing molecule (frequently a drug that becomes activated by light exposure) and a light source to activate the applied drug. Very thin superficial skin cancers called actinic keratoses and certain other types of cancer cells can be eliminated this way. Acne can also be treated as well.

My bald scalp has a lot of them, and the first treatment got rid of about 30% of them. They
applied a tube of chemical to my face, ears and scalp over the sun spots and then I went to sleep for two hours while it penetrated my skin. Then washed it all off and she sat me up and put a light box around my head. Put towels around my top to stop the ice water she sprayed me with from getting on my clothes. Set up a fan in front of me to blow air over my face and scalp. Turned the light on for 16 minutes. It's uncomfortable, about a two or three pain level. The fan and the ice water spray really helped. I found talking to her during the procedure helped.

The woman was terrific at administering the procedure. Does 10 of these a week 50 weeks a year. It works very well for acne, but Kaiser won't do it for that. Would get too expensive, Ended up costing me $25 and the woman told me the chemical alone she put on me cost Kaiser $130. I highly recommend it to anybody with this condition or acne. If you shop Docs, you can get it done for three to five hundred on the open market.

I will go in for a second treatment in October. This time I will apply the chemical myself daily for a week prior to the light treatment. Penetrates better and anyone ordering this should ask for it to be done this way.
Tags: