Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Banana peanut butter cookies

Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> Banana peanut butter cookies

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5840
Recommends Recd: 14
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 6/25/2014 11:33:59 AM

My grandson loves peanut butter and bananas, so I went looking for a recipe to make cookies for him.  Converted it to lowish carb (only one banana for 30 cookies) and they turned out pretty tasty.  They are very soft, even after being refrigerated.  I think the next time I will add more peanut butter and less coconut oil and maybe more cinnamon. The link to the original recipe is at the bottom.

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: About 30 cookies

Ingredients

• 2 cups ALMOND FLOUR
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon GROUND FLAXSEED
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup COCONUT OIL, softened
  • 1/4 cup XYLITOL
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium banana)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, GROUND FLAXSEED, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.

In the (separate) bowl of a stand mixer, cream the COCONUT OIL and XYLITOL together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add peanut butter, egg, banana, and vanilla, and continue mixing on medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl once if needed. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Measure out a rounded tablespoon-full of dough, roll it into a ball, then place on the baking sheet. Use a fork to press down the top of the ball and make a criss-cross pattern. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.

ORIGINAL RECIPE
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/peanut-butter-banana-cookies-recipe/

Tags: