Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Fish oil could worsen your angina or ventricular tachycardia heart arrhythmias

Member Forum >> UnKnown >> Fish oil could worsen your angina or ventricular tachycardia heart arrhythmias

CAC88

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2046
Recommends Recd: 5
Ignores Issued: 1
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/29/2014 11:04:10 PM

Any TYP'R on forum ever got an Head's Up to this?

http://www.examiner.com/article/fish-oil-could-worsen-your-angina-or-ventricular-tachycardia-heart-arrhythmias

Never in my mind could I have thought Those symptoms at URL Link could occur with fish oil. No Body here on forum warned me. IMO.

But then again Traditional Paleo Eating Inuits with 6gm O3, 5000 EPA+DHA, D3 64, very high sat fats to near 80% of Energy gets ACS, IHD, Chest Pains.

Are we Talking N=1 Genetics????

Simply
   Inuit's 5000 EPA+DHA Don'T Means You're Home-Free from the CVD n CHD Beast

Inuits. Autopsied. Age 58s. Causes of death included cancer (28%), cardiovascular diseases (15%) CAC88 0 113

Remote East Greenland Primal Eating inuits

Full-size image (22 K)

Fig. 1.

Prevalence of coronary heart disease (AP + self-reported MI + ECG defined MI) with 95% CIs among Greenland Inuit.

DART-2 is a RCT.   Randomized Controlled Trial !!!

From Cut-N-Paste:

• The DART-2 trial of 3,114 men under the age of 70 with angina advised one group of men to eat two portions of oily fish per week or take three daily fish oil capsules. The others were not given that advice. Interestingly enough, the men advised to eat the oily fish, and PARTICULARLY those men supplied with the fish oil capsules, had HIGHER RISKS for cardiac death compared to those not given such advice! (Burr, ML et al, “Lack of Benefit of dietary advice to men with angina: results of controlled trial” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2003) 
  • And then there’s the rather disturbing result of the DART-2 trial, the only fish oil study lasting more than four years, showing an increase in heart disease and sudden death.
        It’s logical to assume the effects of oxidative damage would take a while to manifest, and would increase as time goes on.
  • That’s likely the reason we see some benefit in short- and intermediate-term studies (as n-3 displace n-6 in the tissues), but a declining and even opposite effect in the longer-term DART-2 trial (as increased total PUFA intake causes more oxidative damage).

As Serious TYP'Rs...    All this means is that We Need to Research Further...  to find out really whats going on. And to what degree.. If there is Fish Oil Data For Substantial Positives, Lets Post that data.

On my mind is      Why Dr. Jgoldstrich, whom have achieved Plaque Regression TWICE     don't take Supplemental Fish Oil.

• Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 4633
    Recommends Recd: 10

Posted: 4/30/2014 8:35:50 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

CAC88

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2046
    Recommends Recd: 5

Posted: 4/30/2014 9:17:07 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 4633
    Recommends Recd: 10

Posted: 4/30/2014 10:43:02 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Kirk VandenBerghe

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 84
    Recommends Recd: 0

Posted: 5/18/2018 3:56:10 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: Fish Oil,tachycardia

HeartHawk

No Avatar
    Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 4431
    Recommends Recd: 15
    Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 5/18/2018 4:26:32 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
    Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9905
    Recommends Recd: 15

Posted: 5/19/2018 8:09:29 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Kirk VandenBerghe

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 84

Posted: 5/19/2018 2:02:31 PM

HeartHawk and Dr. Davis, I just read the abstracts at the three linked pages and will be adding fish oil supplementation to my programs. Thanks much for the replies and information.

Tags:

solseeker

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 76

Posted: 5/20/2018 10:03:51 AM

I don’t seem to see any article or replies on this topic. Can you please re-post it?
    Tags:

guitarplayer007

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 852

Posted: 8/29/2018 5:13:19 PM

Hmmmm now you have me wondering because I’m taking a 6000 fish oil a day and have elevated  LPA...Now I’m worried.
    Its truly amazing how in health there is always contradictory evidence....It never ends!!!!! 

Tags: