Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Baked Almond Feta

Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> Baked Almond Feta

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5840
Recommends Recd: 14
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 9/23/2012 12:59:52 PM

Vegan Almond Feta Cheese

http://www.maplespice.com/2011/04/baked-almond-feta-with-dill-oil.html?m=1

This looks interesting, without the bread, of course. 

Baked Almond Feta:
145g ground almonds (about 1 1/2 cups)
60ml lemon juice (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup water (4 fl oz)
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 tsp salt

Simply place everything there in a blender and blitz until super creamy and smooth. Mine took only a few minutes. Stop and scrape down if need be.

Now line a small bowl with 3 layers of cheesecloth:

Spoon the mixture into the cheesecloth:

Now bring all the sides of the cheesecloth together and tie into a ball, I just use a rubber band. Then place the ball in a strainer and place over a bowl:

Now just place it all in the fridge for about 12 hours. I have made this in the morning and baked it off in the evening or I just leave it overnight and bake it off the next day. After the 12 hours there will be a bit of liquid that has drained off:

If you are using the same dish, wash out the drained liquid and I like to give the dish a dusting of cooking spray to ensure it comes out easily:

Preheat the oven to 180C (LCL Note: if my conversion is correct, this is about 350 degrees on my oven) and unwrap the cheese from the cloth:

...and transfer to the greased baking dish or a lined baking sheet smooth side up:

Bake for about 40 minutes or until slightly golden and cracked on top and firm to the touch:

Now just leave to cool in the dish then it's ready to be transferred to a serving plate or used in a recipe! Enjoy!

Tags: