Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Diet and constipation

Member Forum >> UnKnown >> Diet and constipation

lindybill

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5842
Recommends Recd: 7
Ignores Issued: 2
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/12/2012 7:22:46 AM

Going though the last four months of being put on Oxycontin, it's effects and getting off it, and my battle with my chronic constipation has brought me to some conclusions for ME. One thing I have learned over the last five years is that nothing works for everybody.

Oxycontin took away my appetite. A quite common side effect of the drug. I went down two pounds a week, 32 pounds in three months. from a 29 BMI to a 24.8.  So what did I eat during this period?  A bottle of Ensure and the V8 Juice/veggie mixtures.  It was all I could get down. I went off Oxycontin because I knew the longer I stayed on, the worse it was to get off. It gave me two weeks of flu-like symptoms. I went in and got two liters of IV at one point.  Looking back, I now know how I can lose weight if I need to.  A V8 Veggie/Juice diet with a bottle of Ensure a day.  The cheapest place to get the V8 in large bottles is Wal Mart. I don't buy any of the tomato product, my favorite is the Mango smoothie. 

During this time my IBS came back with a vengeance.  Hell on wheels. I have used most everything over the last 25 years to combat it, Senna Plus gave me some help. But it and all the others were very difficult for me to control. I was either too hard or too loose. I finally discovered that Miralax was perfect for me. It's a non-gritty powder that mixes perfectly with my juices.  Normal dose is a cap full in 8 oz of room temperature juice. Again, perfect with the smoothies. The best part of using it is that the dosage is so controllable. Simply adjust the amount and the number of dosages to YOUR needs. You get immediate feedback within a couple of days.

So I now have a diet that allows me to knock off a pound any time I need to by going on the juice diet, and a solution for my IBS.  BTW, I need a bathroom scale and Amazon sold me an excellent one for $25 including delivery.  I don't know how they are selling stuff at the prices they have.

I hope telling my tale might help someone here.
Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5761
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Posted: 7/12/2012 11:09:14 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posted: 7/12/2012 2:40:33 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5761
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Posted: 7/13/2012 12:55:33 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2012 5:13:28 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

heart times

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 409
Recommends Recd: 3
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Posted: 7/14/2012 2:07:06 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

e1701dlf

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 373
Recommends Recd: 0
Certs & Awards: 11   view

Posted: 7/15/2012 7:32:22 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posted: 7/16/2012 2:59:03 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: