Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Egg Flaxseed Microwave Omlette

Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> Egg Flaxseed Microwave Omlette

BirdmanSam

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 545
Recommends Recd: 1
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 10   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/19/2012 11:16:51 AM

I first posted this in the Healthy Eating forum instead of here, where it belongs.

Egg Flaxseed Omlette

Probably some have thought of this method of making eggs for breakfast, but I find it works well and I think that the cooking temperature is limited to boiling water, perhaps a bit higher because lots of stuff is dissolved in the water from the eggs.  This method should limit Glycation due to high temperature that frying or scrambling in a skillet might produce.

Ingredients:

3 large eggs (works with two also)
3 Tblsp Coconut oil
1 pat of butter
1 or 2 fresh uncured pork sausage about .8 oz each
Milled Flaxseed
Veggie mix
seasonings
shredded cheese
extra-virgin Olive oil

Put the oil butter and sausage in  microwavable dish that has a cover and let the coconut oil and butter melt over very low heat.

In the meantime dice a mix of veggies. I usually use pickles, green or yellow peppers 6 or 8 olives and a little onion. About 4 oz altogether.  Your choice here.

When the coconut oil and butter are melted, add the three eggs and 2 or so tblsp of milled flaxseed and scramble the mix.

Then I add the veggies, a little salt, some
Tabasco sauce and some pepper and mix some more.  I leave the sausage in the mix whole.

Put on the cover and microwave at about 75% power, your microwave may be different, so some trial may be necessary, for 2 minutes.

The edges will be solid.  Stir the edges toward the middle and microwave again at the same power for another 3 minutes.

At this point the whole thing should be solid and all the oil absorbed and the sausage link(s) done.  Maybe do another 15 seconds or so in the microwave and let sit for a minute or so.

Spoon onto your plate and enjoy.  I then add 1 Tblsp olive oil and about an once of shredded cheese on top.

Gives about 800- 1000 kcal to start the day.  I usually have 3 fl oz of milk and a cup of hot tea also and maybe a few almonds.

Tags: breakfast,Flaxseed,Omlette