Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Meatloaf

Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> Meatloaf

rbush

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 413
Recommends Recd: 2
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/12/2011 8:39:43 AM

MEATLOAF
SORRY: I messed up. I originally typed in "organic tomato juice". Big mistake. I have now editted that on 12/22/11 to say "organic tomato paste". That's why it needs to be thinned down as I clarified in my 12/13/11 thread. So below I finally changed it to "paste."

This recipe replaces the traditional bread crumb filler with almond meal, ground flaxseed, & shredded zucchini. Don't like the juice or milk? Then replace with water. Spices are a bonus for flavor, so if not used, at least use the salt. Not sure how important zucchini is, but is a great way to get a good vegetable in your diet. When in season we shred and freeze the zucchini to use year around. I assume if not used, replace with flaxseed and/or almond meal.

Make tomato sauce first (the idea here is to get the paste thinned down and keep its tomato flavor):
6 oz can    Organic tomato paste (100% tomatoe) 
6 oz V8 tomato juice
1/4 c Organic milk 
2 Eggs 
1/2 c Water 

Dry ingredients:
1/2 c  Almond meal 
1/2 c Ground flaxseed meal 
1/2 tsp  Dry mustard 
1/4 tsp ea   Black pepper, sage, celery salt, & garlic salt 
1 tsp Salt 

Remaining ingredients:
Medium size chopped onion 
1/2 c   Shredded zucchini 
2 lbs Organic ground hamburger 
- Cheddar cheese slices (optional) 

Mix tomato sauce ingredients thoroughly together with wire egg whisk until smooth and uniform in separate bowl. In large bowl mix dry ingredients together, then add about half of tomato sauce in together with the hamburger. Hand mix all ingredients thoroughly together.

In flat cooking bowl, grease bottom of bowl with coconut butter, add in meat loaf and smooth into semi-sphere ball. Add remaining ½ of tomato sauce that is left on top of meatloaf ball as a topping.

Bake in 350 degree
oven for 60 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining tomato sauce on top and cook for an additional 30 minutes for total cooking time of 1½ hours. Optional: about 5 minutes before done, remove from oven, place slices of cheddar cheese on top to melt and cook for the remaining time.

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2089
Recommends Recd: 8

Posted: 12/12/2011 10:44:22 AM

This sounds quite good. Since you said "get the paste thinned down," did you mean to use a 6-oz can of organic tomato paste, instead of tomato juice? Thanks.

Tags:

Vince

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1368
Recommends Recd: 5
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Posted: 12/12/2011 11:55:14 AM

Rbush this looks good, I'm going to try it.

Vince
Tags: Recipes

rbush

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 413
Recommends Recd: 2

Posted: 12/13/2011 8:13:17 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

christinaw

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 760
Recommends Recd: 1

Posted: 12/13/2011 10:20:58 PM

sounds good.......I will try soon......thanks for posting
Tags:

jarvik7

No Avatar