Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Stephen’s return from the medical quagmire

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Stephen’s return from the medical quagmire

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1407
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/6/2016 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2016-04-06
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Stephen’s return from the medical quagmire

Stephen before and after

Stephen shared his 60-day Wheat Belly experience:

“Started Wheat Belly 60 days ago after a major health crisis. I found out I had type 2 diabetes 2 and very bad cholesterol. My numbers 60 days ago were: cholesterol 189, triglycerides 475, LDL could not be measured as it was so bad, HDL was 32. Two weeks ago: 20 pound weight loss, wearing a 15.5-inch neck size shirt compared to an 18. Triglycerides 79, LDL 25, HDL 40, cholesterol 81.

“I was first told on January 24, 2016 that my glucose level was 157. Forty five days later, my average glucose was 107 when measured by my diabetes counselor by downloading the data on my Accu-Chek (glucose monitoring system). My atrovastatin [Lipitor] has been reduced by 75 percent.

“This is the greatest way to live. Thank you, Dr. William Davis, for your books, website, and all you do to promote healthy living!”

I call this Stephen’s “return from a medical quagmire” because his conditions—type 2 diabetes, high triglycerides, low HDL, high cholesterol, overweight (and probably, though he does not mention it, fatty liver)—are all products of bad conventional dietary advice and the awful medical advice that accompanies it.

Think about it: advise the public to cut their fat and cholesterol, then load up on “healthy whole grains.” What diseases come of this advice, then “treated” with drugs? Here are a few:

• Type 2 diabetes–insulin, oral and injectable diabetes drugs
  • High triglycerides–Lovaza, fibrate drugs, statins
  • Low HDL–statins, fibrates, Niaspan
  • High cholesterol/LDL cholesterol–statins, ezetimibe
  • Fatty liver–Drug companies are still working on how to monetize this one.
  • Acid reflux, esophagitis–H2 blockers, proton-pump inhibitors
  • Irritable bowel syndrome–antispasmodics, anticholinergics
  • Ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease–prednisone, Asacol, methotrexate, azathioprine, cyclosporine, Remicade
  • Migraine headache–Imitrex, beta blockers, calcium blockers, amitryptiline, antidepressants
  • Hypertension–beta blockers, calcium blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, diuretics

You get the idea. Create the problem with flawed advice, profit from the treatment. All conditions are chronic, non-infectious, non-communicable, non-traumatic, but long-term: the perfect means to monetize human health.

This is why it is so wonderful to hear from people like Stephen who have come to understand that a simple shift in diet—do NOT cut fat, do NOT eat grains—along with a handful of other simple strategies, has the potential to turn around this awful mess that “official” dietary advice, the world of misinformed dietitians and doctors, and the pharmaceutical industry have created.

I’m sometimes accused of saying such things to get attention, which makes me laugh. I’m just as happy walking my dog as I am appearing on national TV. I say these things because I am trying to help right a huge wrong, a multi-billion dollar wrong accompanied by huge suffering for all the people, unlike Stephen, who do not discover that the answers to health and weight loss are so simple.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success