Username: Password:

Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

What causes heart disease part XXXIV (part thirty-four)

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> What causes heart disease part XXXIV (part thirty-four)

xtronics

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2871
Recommends Recd: 6
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 8/12/2017 1:08:32 PM
Edited: 8/12/2017 1:10:16 PM (1)

Undoctored is mentioned many times in the comments..

Malcoms latest

I think he has the understanding of epistemology wrong - one first has to see the difference between observational studies and experimental science.  Then the bit about correlation are not causation - direction of causation matters.  At least one one else has picked up on the bit that LDL is not a ’thing’  but only a class of things..  Looking at correlations in a system as complex as our bodies is just not very useful - at best it tells us where we might try a controlled experiment. There is some good  low level science  to do with macrophage receptors - and some patterns - but way to much ego driven narrative.

If you reduce LDL with several drugs and it has no effect on all-cause-mortality - then it falsifies the idea that LDL CAUSES CAD.

But in my mind it is even a bit more complex - there is a cause of the initial damage - ( likely suspects insulin/stress - other cofactors ) - but once the damage is there - managing the clot potential seems to matter...  And that is where keeping oxLDL low seems a good bet..

The problem is one of the methods - using polyphenols - is not clear cut - I found that using a mix of polypheol supplements interfered with strength training.  Digging up studies and others have seen the same thing..

So IMO polyphenols in excess are likely harmful - and we don’t have the research to base sane dosages on.

I’m back to eating real food - using spices that have polyphenols in them - I don’t think there is a real need for the supplements if one eats real-foods and avoids the synthetic-foods(purified veg-oils, chips, almond-milk or any juices, things that come in boxes, things with more than a couple of ingredients)

Interventions of elimination are much less likely to have risk than interventions of addition. Purified anything,

Tags:

Medford

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 68
Recommends Recd: 0
Certs & Awards: 12   view

Posted: 8/12/2017 4:41:18 PM

Is this Malcolm, the forum Malcolm?

Tags:

xtronics

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2871
Recommends Recd: 6
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Posted: 8/12/2017 7:03:17 PM

@Medford   no no --- it is  Dr. Malcolm Kendrick  -- author of the "what causes hear disease" blog series..  quite interesting.

Tags:

The Inner Circle Mission

A Message from Dr. Davis

Davis

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

enso
Policies

Terms of Use
Medical Disclaimer
Report Copyright Infringement
Contact Us Get Started
Join Now